• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Medical "Study" on diesel exhaust

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
News alert

Flash...news at 11

A California think tank just completed a 6 million dollar study that may prove that if your parents didn't have any kids, you probably won't either.

This has not yet been confirmed.

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Reading some critical reviews of this study, it looks like the study actually was rather inconclusive. It appears that their (the authors and investigators in the study) conclusion was a bit of a stretch (not too much of a stretch for a scientific study, but there are definitely some major issues with their data and how they analyzed their data). Said conclusion then went and got blown way out of proportion by the usual suspects.

If you want to read some of the reviews, here are two I was looking at:
http://www.occup-med.com/content/pdf/1745-6673-7-10.pdf
[url=http://informahealthcare.com/doi/pdf/10.3109/10408444.2012.690725]Lung cancer and diesel exhaust: an updated critical review
of the occupational epidemiology literature
[/URL]

You can find much more on this subject by searching through PubMed's database. I got these two results just by searching for "diesel." There are a lot of excellent studies and journal articles about everything health- and biology-related on this database. (For instance I did a lot of very deep reading on the type of cancer that I had just by searching the database for the type of cancer.)

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I ask again. Who do we have on our side?
I think it will just be a grass roots effort if anything.

Back when they were trying to implement the new diesel standards that are now in effect for new vehicles, most of the big trucking companies were all for it. The only reason I can come up with as to why they were for it is it will force a lot of the smaller operators out of business.

This is just a small part of the big picture. There's a bunch I could say on this but I'll keep my mouth shut as to not fan the political flames. :wink:

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
At some point in time common sense must prevail.

The EPA has done more to destroy small business in this country than any economic downturn ever did. Unfunded Federal mandates should be against the law. Until the states take a stand against big federal gooberment intrusion we are at the mercy of the wack jobs that have infiltrated all Federal agencies.

The lunatics are running the asylum.:cookoo:

Odyssey M

Look guys,

With all this talk, I think we should lean Forward and pay Forward to the general public. Let’s develop a "Diesel Credit" similar to proposed "Carbon Credits". This Change would be the only Fair thing to do. Payments can be posted to my Paypal account.:whistle:

Odyssey M

Look guys,

With all this talk, I think we should lean Forward and pay Forward to the general public. Let’s develop a "Diesel Credit" similar to proposed "Carbon Credits". This Change would be the only Fair thing to do. Payments can be posted to my Paypal account.:whistle:

We are all doomed to drive a Volt a sonic and prius in the next 5 years all our diesel Trucks will be in the Crusher or really big yard ornaments or huge planters im sure your wives and Gfs would be greatful because we cant afford to drive them legally so with that being said take lots of pictures of the beloved OD Iron enjoy driving them now make sure u have lots of memories cause i think thats all we are gonna have to many wack jobs in the political arena dont like us and dont care what we have to say or do its their way or the highway im all for some change thats envitiable thats apart of life but this stuff im ashamed no wander people are denounceing their citizenship the crap is about to hit the fan oh well it was fun while it lasted ;-)

Last edited:
If diesel fumes cause cancer. Than Tree huggers Whining causes seizures u know where u get that uncontrollable split second feeling of B**ch slapping a person for whining Geesh you know what CNN Stands For Backwards Need New Cucv lol our trucks dont pollute anymore than an overfed cow its been provin those of us who eat steaks are helping the enviroment more so then the tree huggers Cows produce more co2 when they crap than our trucks do with the ip turned up [thumbzup]

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clay, short answer = NO. Longer answer = They don't even realize the food they eat has to come from farms somewhere (IE, farmers pollute the land with chemicals and I buy all my food from the grocery store anyway - who needs farmers.) WM was right, there is no cure for stupid!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Clay, short answer = NO. Longer answer = They don't even realize the food they eat has to come from farms somewhere (IE, farmers pollute the land with chemicals and I buy all my food from the grocery store anyway - who needs farmers.) WM was right, there is no cure for stupid!
Here's one I heard on the Johnboy and Billy Radio Show:

"Well hey Mr. Vegetarian Man, If God didn't want us to eat animals why did he make them outta meat??"

I use that one frequently when someone asks me a question I don't know the answer to...LOL:-D

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AAAAArrrghauaauaauaaua:cookoo:!!! Man, I just got an overwhelming sudden urge to go idle my NHC250 for a couple of hours.

As it stands NOW, My truck is exempt from all the CARB rules coming into place due to Historic Vehicle registration status. However, I have this recurring nightmare of getting something like the following in the mail someday (the following is only a dramatization [for now]):

Dear Mr. McMahon,
Thank you for selecting the California Department of Motor Vehicles for all your vehicle registration needs. However, it has come to our attention that your 1977 AMGeneral, Historic Vehilcle Lic. #*****, has been deemed to be a gross polluter and is unhealthful to operate in the state of California. At this time your vehicle is no longer eligible for registration and operation in the state of California.
Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
CA DMV

Will this become a shocking reality? Stay tuned....

Last edited:

Heath_h49008

This incredible lack of common sense was brought to you by the same nose-picking control freaks that passed laws enabling the issuance of fines for a vehicle that drips oil. The EPA will fine you and take your vehicle if it leaks too much oil.
REALITY CHECK! Where did that oil come from in the first place?
UNDER THE FRIKKIN GROUND!!!!! :cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks