• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Member locator map??

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SixSpeed I would send your option, directly to Chris(SteelSoldiers) in a PM. He may be interested.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm with Kipman, I would pitch in some to help pay for it too. That would be an awesome idea!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldnt mind, but its gotta be something more than just a map with stars for locations. I'd like to see an automated process that members can choose on their profile that adds them and what ever contact info they wish, or something of the sort. Or at least just an easier way to contact local members when in need.2cents

SixSpeed

Banned
Taken from chat:

"Bascially it would be an interactive Google based map with locations of all the members, with a legend for easy finding and searching. Also, the user would just put their location in their profile and it would be automatically added to the map."

SixSpeed

Banned
That along with a map that you could select a area on and members info would be displayed. That way if your on the road and need help it would be easier to contact members that are in the area and indicated they are available for help.
We could make it so they would have a profile field where they could put it comments that would be displayed on the map:

Ex:

"Near I-75. Have tools & parking for wounded trucks. 813-555-5555"

ARYankee

I think this is a great idea. I know some of us last night were discussing this. The site guys may want to delegate SixSpeed the man to handle this.

I would also chip in some money to have it done as well.

Last edited:

6x6guy

Whats status of the member location map, realy like the idea to network with other members in my area for ideas and trading of parts. :jumpin:

storeman

I just started a thread in conversations asking for a member locator map. I NOTED A LINK ON THE OLD SITE'S MAP TO UPDATE COORDINATES. Zips would be easier for many people. (At our store we sell waterfowl blind licenses and are a registry for duck blind locations in our county; almost no one can read or understand grid coordinates, even with a GPS in hand). A zip code tied map would be simpler for the user. I sure look forward to the map in any form.

I asked Doghead to take down my thread when he pointed this one out to me.

Jerry
:oops: