• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Members in Northern Virginia?

pevrs114

Sorry, yes. Microburst tornado came through a few years ago. Dropped a massive tree from my neighbor's yard into mine. I got the tree cut up (gave me an excuse to get a Stihl MS362!)

been slowly parting ting the truck out ever since. Sold the axles for $1,500, used the money to buy my F350. Sold the transmission and transfer case. Need to sell the bumper and brush guard. Need to pull and sell the Banks turbocharged 6.2.

I liked the CUCV, my brother (Stranger75) has an M1009. But my next vehicle will be a 5 ton. Preferably a wrecker.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Checking in from Alexandria Virginia. I signed up a while back but never checked into this thread.

Anybody got info or a link about the Labor Day weekend Grave's Mountain rally? I just found out about it, but it's not too late to adjust my schedule. I can actually drive my HMMWV that far now!

Alex

Another Ahab

Last edited:

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My 7yo son and I will be coming to the Graves Mtn rally end of this month. We are looking forward to it.
Bulldogger

TacticalTruck

I think that I might have seen one of everything, and trailers might be the only things that I did NOT see. But if TacticalTruck sees this, he could tell you.
Thanks, nice to meet you. Most of the junk pictured is for sale. I recently renewed my membership so I can get some for sale listings up. I've lost some help here recently, so I've been busy in the shop covering. I need to sell some trucks but there aren't enough hours in the day. I've got a couple cargo trailers at home and one M1061 for sale. Drivebymashing was after a truck which I need to dig out but I have M916, M915s, various M923s and M925s, M817, M934 (expandable and bat wing), M998 and John Winslow's Mack tractor.

twntrbo0424

1975 M54A1C in Sterling

I just got an M54A1C cargo truck that has a drilling rig mounted. I live in Sterling close to Dulles airport, I would like to eventually try to meet up with you guys to watch and learn.
Ray

Another Ahab

I just got an M54A1C cargo truck that has a drilling rig mounted. I live in Sterling close to Dulles airport, I would like to eventually try to meet up with you guys to watch and learn.
Ray
The Graves Mountain rally coming up would be a good start.

I think it's the Labor Day weekend.

CGarbee

The Graves Mountain rally coming up would be a good start.

I think it's the Labor Day weekend.
You are right, the event is over the Labor Day weekend (every year, only thing that changes is the actual calendar dates by a day or so...).
Event this year is August 31-September 5, 2017.
This year's event info/thread is at: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...ain-Rally-Syria-VA-August-31-September-4-2017

Even if you don't get the registration forms in or can't stay the entire time, come on over.
We have plenty of room...

CGarbee

Ray
If you bring that rig down to the Graves Mountain Rally over the Labor Day weekend, beware the BMan (aka: Chuck) in the HQ Tent (registration) will be seriously drooling over it. He used to run a drill rig taking geotechnical samples back in the day...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks