• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Day 2011: What are your marching orders?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let us know how you will be planning to remember our fallen heroes on this thread.

Get your Iron rollin'...America needs us, guys. Let 'em know we care!

Hannibal and crew will be coordinating Cub Scout Pack 18's (Culver City, CA) involvement in the Flag Placement Ceremony at Los Angeles National Cemetery on Saturday, 05-28-11. The ceremony involves Scouts from all over the Los Angeles area. Over 80,000 flags will be placed.

Monday, 05-30-11, Memorial Day, Hannibal and Crew will be running in support of the Patriot Guard Riders at Green Hills Memorial Cemetery, Palos Verdes, CA. There is a quite large ceremony at that location each year. Look forward to providing a little thunder with the PGR.

Last edited:

zout

Roswell Ga memorial day ceremonies - I posted earlier to see if anyone else was headed there to gang up with them.

I even have Dinger65 coming with his 109. :jumpin:

Katahdin

Scarborough and Old Orchard Beach Memorial Day Parades (Maine). Still got a lot of work yet to go painting, stenciling, etc, but the deadline is motivating me.

One of my exes is from Palos Verdes, I've been there!

70deuce

The MVCC (Colorado) will have their usual 20-25 vehicles in the Commerce City Memorial Day Parade just north of Denver. This parade is bigger an better than Denver's. One of our vehicles will be hauling the Grand Marshalls which is an entire family of service members who have served in all conflicts, WWII through Iraq and Afghanistan. Pretty valuable cargo and an honor for our club.

dittle

Prior Lake, MN parade hauling some vets over to Memorial Park for a ceremony where they read the names of all the local vets who have passed on.

Shoprat 19th Engr

I make sure that I go to my Fathers grave Every Mem. Day . He is at Arlington National Cematary . Also make sure to go to the Tomb Of The Unknown Soldiers . I am most of the time the First through the Gate.

ralbelt

I will be at the R.I. Veterans Cemetary for a short memorial service honoring the men of the 43rd division that served in WWII. My dad served and would always attend. Dad is no longer with us so I feel it is my duty and privledge to stand in his place. There are fewer original members attending every year but there are a few sons taking there place.

Silverback

My wife and daughter will be placing flags at the National Cemetery in Chattanooga, I will be working from Wednesday through Sunday getting setup to run a invite only MG shoot to benefit Wounded Warrior Foundation. WE hope to have a larger piece of land next year so that more people can come, this is the third shoot at the present location, we only have a 200 yard range and are expecting 340+ people for Friday and Saturday, tanks, anti tank guns, civil war cannons, belt feds, sub guns, WWII re-enactors, half tracks and a couple of my deuces. We are supposed to be on 1,000 acres next year and hope to have it open to the public, I would love to see that as we could raise even more money for the cause. Dan.

Amer-team

Will be doing an historical display with artifacts of different wars and a few MV's at Sunset Hills Cemetery in Bellevue WA, on Sat., Sun., and Monday. This culminates on Monday with a Memorial Service with all the trimmings.
Will be doing a small display for a fund raiser for the USO, with a couple of jeeps at Newcastle Golf Course, in Bellevue WA on May 24th.

SWoods

Sunday, Sommerville MA (largest parade in MA) haulin vet's that live in the Vet's home that can't march and don't want to ride in the the air conditioned state van. They had a blast telling stories, eating candy, throwing candy to kids, and eating more candy. Local small parade on Monday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks