• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Day Parade Monday 5/30

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As the title says, it is Memorial Day parade time again in Gainesville Ga., and as in the past, the DAV has asked me to get some "army trucks" like the last year and the year before, so mark your calendar May 30th for parade duty, EVERYBODY loves to see the trucks pass in review, there was even one truck that did the parade route TWICE.

Thanks

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ron the 30th is on a Monday and that is impossible for us down here.

I'm just wondering if the parade organizers would ever consider having the parade on the Saturday before or after Memorial Day?
That's what we do down here for Veterans Day Parade and by doing that we can support both the parade here in Columbus and the parade in Manchester, GA.

Not trying to get in the middle of stuff but I would like to support you since you go all out to support our functions. It's just that we can't make things work during the week due to real world missions transportation/personnel wise.

Keep me read in on any sitreps??
:papabear:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
They have been doing the parade for 19 years on Memorial day Monday, as much as I would like it be changed to a Saturday, I do not see it happening.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As the title says, it is Memorial Day parade time again, and as in the past, the DAV has asked me to get some "army trucks" like the last year and the year before, so mark your calendar May 30th for parade duty, EVERYBODY loves to see the trucks pass in review, there was even one truck that did the parade route TWICE.

Thanks
Is this going to be IN Gainesville, GA?

I'll gladly update the thread title for clarity, unless you can.

Hope you have a wonderful parade and celebraion saluting the memory of those who served and have fallen.

Carry on.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Yes could you please update the title showing Gainesville, Ga. Thank You

Still looking for a few or more trucks, I told the DAV and the parade organizers that I am trying for a dozen (12) trucks this year.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i told the parade king 12, if I get more we will just stop the count at 11 so the all the rest can be 12, if we get only 11 or less, all well.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I thought I would bump this up since we are about three weeks out from the parade.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ok truck owners, got just over tow weeks to get your truck/trucks ready for parade duty Mon. the 30th, I will post up towards the end of the week the finial details, sure could use some more trucks, and do not worry, there will be TWO wreckers this year, so no matter what, your truck WILL finish the parade.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
LAST week for anybody that wants to put there truck/s in the Gainesville, Ga. Memorial Day parade, 5/30, for ALL those who ARE putting there truck/s in the parade, please CALL me so I can go over the finial details, THANKS everybody.
703/389/6705, Ron

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I hope I can squeeze in. Do you have a time yet?
Yes, please give me a call, Ron 703/389/6705 and this goes for ANYBODY else that is putting a truck in the parade monday, thank you all for stepping up.

Last edited:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do you have to know in advance or can we just show up. I missed two recent events because something came up at the last minute.
Yes, just show up BUT call me so I can give staging info. in case you do show up, Ron 703/389,/6705

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Anybody else, still TWO days till the parade, lots of time (sorta), do not worry, there will be 2 wreckers in the parade this year, NO STEEL SOLDIER is EVER left behind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks