• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002/003 Fuel Filter Upgrade

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now... do you know what the maximum fastener size is that can be used to locate the remote heads? It appears there are no bolts with these bases.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what i did.

WIX 33405/ NAPA 3405 - 14 Micron Fuel/Water Separator Filter
WIX 33352/NAPA 3352 - 6 Micron Filter
NAPA GOLD 4770 - Remote Mount Spin-On Filter Bases

I also found a 2 micron filter after i ordered the others that i will get for spare.
WIX 33528/NAPA 3528 - 2 Micron Filter
Is the angle iron on these sets of sufficient size to bolt directly to, or did you run an intermediate piece of metal, bolted to the frame, which these are mounted on?

Ive seen it done a few different ways, but I dont see a dimensional drawing on the mounting face of the 4770, so I'm guessing.

BobbyT

Is the angle iron on these sets of sufficient size to bolt directly to, or did you run an intermediate piece of metal, bolted to the frame, which these are mounted on?

Ive seen it done a few different ways, but I dont see a dimensional drawing on the mounting face of the 4770, so I'm guessing.
i just used the factory angle and flipped it.

BobbyT

i just used the factory angle and flipped it.
I wanted to try to elaborate on this flipping the angle a little more. I tried to find some pictures of when i made it but didn't have any, so i tried to draw on the best picture i had of it.
I flipped it with the flat facing up and towards the gen, then used the rubber isolators to help dampen some of the vibration. (circled -- 3/8-16 stud type )

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks