• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 002 acted strange this morning

jbk

started my 002 up this morning. doing 62 htz. 125 volts warmed up about 5 min. and then rpm changed a little ,when i looked at the panel volts was pegged at 168 htz. 61 , i know i was thinking the same thing vr. i turned the voltage adjust and nothing at first turned it again and volts was was right on and steady ran fine everything looked good for 25 min. then i looked at the dc volts gauge and it was pegged checked with a meter putting out 33 volts never did this before either the batts. are new anyway everything other than the dc volts thing looked good when i shut it down. iam going to fire it back up afterwhile going to look for some reasons for over charging the batts.. max ac volts for a brief time was wierd.

Carl_in_NH

Check connections; you've got two problems, one that sounds like an AC regulator issue, and one that might be a bad DC rectifier / charger - or perhaps a bad connection to one of the batteries.

Clean all the terminals on the batteries and cables, and then make certain the connections to the AC regulator in the control cubicle are clean. You might also have a bad adjustable resistor for setting the AC voltage, or a bad connection to it from the AC regulator.

Just open it up and have a look around; if you see any connections that look nasty, clean them up and see if the genset acts better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks