• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002 cold start

dangier

With 13 degrees (F) this am, I couldn't resist trying to start the 002. It sits outside under a large deck, so the cold soak is thorough. 30 seconds preheat and hit start. All I got was white smoke-preheat not long enough. 30 seconds more preheat and it took off with a clear exhaust after 10 seconds. Will do 60 seconds preheat in a similar situation. Good test for my Wally World 275 cca batteries..... Seem to spin the 002 over pretty well-enough to start at least.
David

dangier

Isaac-1, I have the old style starters in both my 002's (style 1?). I was complimenting the batteries too. Had adequate reserve capacity for the job at a great price ($28.00 each).
David
added note-just got through checking the glow plugs last week. One of my 002 has the glow plugs that glow from the engine end of the element and other 002 has glow plugs that glow from the center of the element. Is there any difference (new vs old style), or just manufacturer specific?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks