• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-002 gaskets

jbk

hello, does anyone know a good sourse to get some valve cover gaskets from? i would like to check the valve adjustment on mine. but would like to replace these while i have the cover off. thanks

Carl_in_NH

I've pulled valve covers off while retiming an IP; the gaskets are thick rubber and should survive being removed and replaced nicely (they did on mine).

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
thanks for the kind words atankersdad. I don't have any, nor have I had to purchase any. But I do know that some gaskets and parts are still available through Onan/Cummins.

There are NOT MANY parts that you can still get though....if you could find an Onan dealer in your area maybe they could track them down for you.

And if that doesn't pan out, they should be a "flat" gasket from the looks of it (flat meaning they don't have bearing humps to go over or anything like that...a flat smooth sealing surface), but I'm not positive....Carl_in_NH would have a better read on that than me from the sound of it. But I would think if you had to replace them, it shouldn't be too hard to find some material and make your own...maybe with a good thick piece of cork gasket material

If you do find them from an Onan dealer please make sure to post where you found them, and how much they cost and new part numbers if they are different then the TM. Others could use the information.

jbk

thanks for your comments. ill go ahead and remove the covers and try to save them. i may contact olsens if i damage these they sold gaskets to me for an wc 40s vintage onan gen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks