• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002 start would not work on MEP-003 - flywheel difference did not engage

bimota

Ok, we took a working MEP-002 start and moved it to an MEP-003 - thinking this was a straightforward change. First thing we hit was the larger MEP-003 fuel tank. So we undid the fuel tank strap and moved the tank so the solenoid would clear - strange but not a big deal.

Then the starter would not engage the flywheel - different distance - that was a shocker. I though the starters are interchangeable.

So we put the MEP-002 starter back on MEP-002 and started it up.

What gives? - I need a starter for an MEP-003 and don't want to repeat the exercise. Can anyone clarify?
Anyone have an MEP-003 start laying around they want to sell?

Isaac-1

Can you post photos, something does not sound right here.

Ike

p.s. Could this be some 3rd party non original starter on the MEP-002a, also is it a type 1 or type 2 starter?

Last edited:

dangier

If the starter hits the fuel tank, it is not the one for the 003. I can take my 003 starter out and put back in with the fuel tank in place.

Pictures?

David

storeman

He contacted me by e-mail and I just shipped him a correct starter. Not sure what he has as I have seen no pictures. At least I thinks it was him. Same circumstances and state but no reference to SS posting.
Jerry

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks