• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a / 003a guage size?

Isaac-1

Off hand does anyone know the size of the holes in the front panel for the Hz and Voltage gauges?

Mine is about 20 miles away so it is not handy to run measure.

thanks Ike

Isaac-1

Yes, thanks I think I may have found a digital volt / hz gauge that will fit in the existing opening with little or no modification. I have ordered one from China and will let everyone know how it goes when it gets in. (the hz transducer is broken on my MEP-003a)

Ike

Jasonz in MO

Sounds great! I would love to fill my freq hole with something which works!

I'm still working on a crowbar circuit to kill the engine if the voltage and/or frequency moves out of tolerance. I found a module which does alarm on either value. Working on an interface which will automatically kill the engine.

DieselBob

Ray70

Hey Ike, did you order one of the square analog gages that will cover the entire existing hole? I'd be interested to know how that one fits.
I have used the small rectangular panel mount digital Hz/volt gages before. It worked well but requires you to fab up and adapter plate to fit the existing hole.
FYI, the existing hole is a little bigger than 2 3/4". I have an HZ meter right here at my desk and the gage itself is 2.780" so the hole must be at least 2.80" or maybe a little more.

Isaac-1

The gauge I ordered is digital multi feature, and square :( but looks like it will easily fit in the hole. If it does I may see about the possibility of making a round adapter for it. I am taking it one step at a time, hopefully it will be here next week and we can go from there.

Ike

Jimc

i kinda have something in the works as well. too early in the game though but shouldnt take too long. it will be a round version to look similar to the original only digital and it will screw right in to the existing panel with all the original holes. i just have to find time real soon to sit down and get it designed up. hopefully within the next week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks