• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-002a a/c reconnect switch

mistaken1

Spray it down with an electrical safe lubricant, remove the knob and use a wrench to work it back and forth until it comes free. Think of it as trying to remove a brass bolt. It will come free with some lube and some work but get too heavy handed and there won't be anything left.

You could use nut buster to loosen up the mechanical part and then clean the switch thoroughly with electrical contact cleaner once you get it moving.

jbk

delks is proud of this switch. right now i have 120/208 3 ph. so iam hesitant to twist on it without one on hand. has anyone had luck freeing these? pm sent speeddmon thanks

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
delks is proud of this switch. right now i have 120/208 3 ph. so iam hesitant to twist on it without one on hand. has anyone had luck freeing these? pm sent speeddmon thanks

I'm sure Delk's is very proud of it. I've had one of my spare output boxs opened up a few times and knowing how that switch is made and knowing what the manufacturer would charge you for a new one, if they even still make them. Delks might not be too far off. Remember that these generators are not in production any longer and the manufacturers are going to stop making some of the specialty parts, unless someone has another use for them to justify them continuing to make the part.

And for my buddy Kip and Bob....I got parts. I can't see having these machines and not having replacements available...LOL. It's kind of like having a deuce and not having any spare 3 lever switches laying around...sooner or later, you're gonna need one.

jbk

well i fixed it this morning i loosned the 2 nuts on one of the two long studs that hold the switch together(outside stud only) and used a 3/4 in. extension and hammer to tap on the metal plates on either end and the switch turned its now on 120/240 single ph. and works. i wont be moving it again. a hammer a must for every tool box. thanks again tom for offering to set me up with another a/c box

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks