• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A and MEP-003A glow plug and heater part numbers

robkiller

Check it with a multimeter, you should see some resistance, 1-3 ohms, if not it's bad.

I tested all my glow plugs. I got a reading of 6-8 ohms on all of them. Now what i also did was take them out and put 24v to them to see if they still glowed. I was wondering how my unit ever got started if they were all bad. Each one took 15-20 sec and glowed all the way. Does this mean they are bad or what is going on any ideas?

Jasonz in MO

Sounds like they are fine to me; 6-8 ohms at 24 volts is 3-4 amps. You probably noticed they got hot very quickly and will take several seconds to actually "glow". The sole purpose is to preheat the combustion chamber aiding the heat generated from the compression of the air and fuel. They get so hot they glow but its the heat needed not the "glow" which aids the starting.

robkiller

Sounds like they are fine to me; 6-8 ohms at 24 volts is 3-4 amps. You probably noticed they got hot very quickly and will take several seconds to actually "glow". The sole purpose is to preheat the combustion chamber aiding the heat generated from the compression of the air and fuel. They get so hot they glow but its the heat needed not the "glow" which aids the starting.
They did the times i listed was the time it took for them to get red hot.