• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Aux fuel pump

milo

I cannot get my MEP-002A genset to pump fuel from an aux fuel source. I have pulled the float switch and it is sliding freely. Can I test the aux pump with the flost switch out of the tank? I assume the pump should kick on with the float down and the switch in the aux position. I am running this machine 24/7 right now and would really like to get this pumping fuel out of a larger container. Thanks for any advice.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you switch to remote fuel, is there power at the pump? Is the pump operating? Does the control circuit trip when you switch to remote fuel source? Did you clean the pump filter/screen?

milo

I am pretty sure I have power to the pump but have not verified with a meter. The circuit breaker does not trip and everything else is working fine on the machine. I have not pulled the screen yet but will do that later today as well as hooking a meter up to the pump leads. Is there an inline fuse/relay on these pumps?

milo

Yes, the fuel level gets close to empty and the aux pump still does not kick in. I will pull the pump next time I am out there and see if it is clogged. Thanks for the assist.

kipman

Do not know, like Doghead said, check to see if the pump is getting power, start there, pump could be locked up from no use, seen that before.

steelypip

You should be able to short the appropriate pins on the cable that plugs into the float switch and get the pump to run. If it's a problem with the float or switch, that'll isolate it.