• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 002a capacitor

coyote62ny

i have the old cap out of my 003. but the part number on my old one is m39006/02-1219 as i see it the one on ebay has a different part number and most likly not the same. the original cap is 50uf 75 volt. the one i used as a replacement is 50uf 100 volt this has worked fine in my mep-003a for the last year. these cost about 2.00 to 3.00 each why spend more than you have to . this fixed mine .

coyote62ny

the one i used is also polarized. i would have to take the blower shroud off to tell you for shure how it is hooked up. but from what i can remember the positive side was hooked to the terminal strip and the negitive grounded under the terminal strip mounting screw. hope this helps

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the one i used is also polarized. i would have to take the blower shroud off to tell you for shure how it is hooked up. but from what i can remember the positive side was hooked to the terminal strip and the negitive grounded under the terminal strip mounting screw. hope this helps

I'm sure you must have the polarity correct or you would have had problems already.

John

hedgehog69

I had enough of a stub on one end of a capacitor to attach a 2" or so piece of wire. Got it soldered...and used some liquid electrical tape. Got the gen put back together...and fired it up. I quickly got out my tester and saw voltage at batteries was climbing. Shut it down and replaced the sheet metal. Fired it back up and let it run. Plugged in what I had handy..stuff powered up fine. Put the tester to the batteries again and watched it slowly climb from 25v to 28v before I said "ALL RIGHT"!!!!!!! This is a unit I put a fresh rebuilt engine on it. I continue to learn! Many thanks for the knowlede and input!!

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody have any updates on these capacitors in the charging system? Its been 10 years since the last post and wanted to check. Mine is bad and I want to put the best one in there. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks