• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A foamy oil

Titanium Soldier

go for a compression test on the cylinders maybe it has a cracked head or blown head gasket.. if you take the radiator cap off does water shoot out when you start it? is there oil in your coolant system??

Titanium Soldier

and i dont really know to much about these gensets but ive had other equipment that has sat for a while outside and rain had entered into the oil fill cap, who knows maybe its something stupid?!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm not sure how the oil on the dip-stick "looked bad". If it had 50 psi, I'd say your good. Mine starts out high like that and drops as it warms. How long did you run it? Have you replaced the filter or is is what came with the genset?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Milky white on the dipstick usually means water in the oil. Maybe some dumbass just put water in the oil filler cap because they were careless, dumb, or abusing equipment just to get it surplussed (don't laugh, it happens). Also, if the oil filler cap were loose sometime in it's recent military life, maybe some rainwater got down into it.

ETN550

Water in the oil is the problem from whatever reason. The water will burn off but in the process it can take out rod or main bearings. These engines have very substantial rods and mains but never the less why chance it. Just do an oil change and drain the filter good. New oil may turn a little milky as it picks up the remaining mositure. Run it hot and hard on the new oil until it has had a chance to evaporate all the water out of the oil. Several hours at load should do it. Then find out where it was getting in and prevent it from happening again.

Grega

Moisture will acumulate in the crankcase just as it can in the fuel tank. Run the jenny for at least 30 minutes every month, and change oil every 12 months, maybe longer if its kepted inside

Dont risk it, change the oil and filter. If your really finicky, run it for awhile till it gets hot then change the oil again. Moisture will accumulate in the crankcase, gotta start the genset periodically and let it warm up completely and dissipate. Its also a good idea to run it under a full load to burn off any carbon in the system.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks