• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a fuel check valve

edgephoto

I am a newbie here. Decided to buy one of the MEP-002a units for emergency backup power. I bought 2 units. My friend is taking one. My question is in regards to the fuel check valve. One unit does not have this check valve. The fuel line goes strait from the fuel filter assembly to the IP. I am sure I must have this check valve for it to start and run properly. Does anyone have some wisdom on this? Also if so a source for a replacement? Thanks.

RayK

I haven't checked with him, but Storeman is parting out some MEP's and might be able to help. I have plenty of check valves, but none are size five.

1800 Diesel

I just bought 3 MEP002As and 2 of them were missing the 1/4" pipe nipple, check valve and 90-degree JIC elbows. (I wonder if these were pilfered at the base or did the last maintenance crew just forget to reinstall them.) Anyway, I plan to install a commercial check valve (Airtex brand) Advance Auto #CV 8000 or NAPA AFP CV8000, price $12-$15 each. This piece is brass with female 1/4" NPT threads. (I have no idea how this valve relates to a size 5 mentioned in the post.) From this I will install two 90-degree elbows with 1/4" NPT to go into the check valve and at the other end 37-degrees JIC with a thread size to fit the existing fuel hoses--I believe its either 5/16" or 3/8". I brought the existing hose to NAPA today so I just matched the thread size to fit the JIC fitting on my hose.

BTW, the brass JIC fittings (90-degree) were pricey at abt $11 each. I bought (4) to set up the two MEPs that were missing the fittings. Hope this all makes sense. One more thing--I posted a question yesterday about this same subject (not knowing the check valve was needed), but I failed to ask about the direction the check needs to be installed. Since the line in question appears to be a supply hose (coming off the 3rd filter), my assumption is that the check needs to be installed to allow fuel flow to the IP.

storeman

to ask about the direction the check needs to be installed. Since the line in question appears to be a supply hose (coming off the 3rd filter), my assumption is that the check needs to be installed to allow fuel flow to the IP.

That is correct.
Jerry

1800 Diesel

Thanks Jerry--added oil & installed oil filter; later today hope to complete check valve & fuel filter installation, bleed fuel system and attempt a light-off. Actually, just remembered these units were missing battery cables too, so I have to fab those too... anyway, thanks again for the check valve confirmation...BTW, like your photo--looks like those MEPs are breeding or something....:smile:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks