• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a fuel filter disassembly

robkiller

I am trying to replace the fuel filters. I am not sure how to get the canisters off. I know with the oil the nut on the bottom takes it off but does the canisters on the fuel screw off or is the bottom nut the same trick?

edgephoto

The fuel strainer has a nut on the bottom. This has a cleanable element. It is the first of the 3. The fuel filters have a bolt on top. These have the paper cartridge elements. Some people have replaced these with spin on filter set ups. Not really sure why except if they were missing or damaged. if yours are good you can buy the elements pretty cheap and they are good for 500 hours. I bought my fuel filter elements from Amazon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks