• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a injector pump disassembly / rebuild

BlackhawkMTP

Hello,

I know that this has been covered in another post with detailed pictures located here: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threa...pics-mep-003a.183913/#lg=post-2181690&slide=2

I am having issues getting my injection pump apart on step 4 in the thread linked above. When I try and pry my gear set half away from my injection port half it doesn't seem to want to separate. My question is, is this normal? I don't want to damage this injection pump assemble so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have never disassembled an injection pump before so I am learning as I go. Thanks in advance.

Josh

Ray70

So you are having trouble removing the entire assembly out of the housing after removing the throttle lever and the 4 cap screws?
If so, please verify from the ID tag if you have an Ambac M-50 or an American Bosch PSU injection pump.
If you have a PSU there is a large flat head screw sticking out of a boss 90* down from where the throttle arm go in,
That screw has to be removed to get the body out of the housing.
If you have an Ambac M-50 that same boss is still there but is is not drilled and tapped and there is no screw to remove, it should come apart with just the 4 cap screws and throttle lever removed.