• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Not producing power

Chainbreaker

How long ago was it still producing proper AC output? Just recently or weeks/months ago? Any power at "Convenience Outlets" on Genset?

What kind of environment is it sitting in? Covered, in shed, on trailer, exposed to elements & critters?

Start with simple stuff first:

With "Engine Off" can you exercise the AC Reconnection Box Switch?

If stuck don't force it hard...try rocking it back-n-forth with gradual increasing pressure that "usually" will break it loose if its stuck. Don't Gorilla twist it, you can break it. Other steps may be necessary to free it. If it's free exercise it full left & right a few times. Then with it in proper setting restart engine & see if you get power out of the convenience outlets.

mtfleming

It’s outside and covered. Just quit producing power this week. We’ve been using it daily. I switched out the voltage regulator, looked at the spinning diodes (did not test them) and I did move the switch back and forth. Still no power. I have not been in the box where the output wires come out yet.

Chainbreaker

For Reference: Much of where you are heading (same symptoms) are covered in detail in this thread beginning with Post #24 and on:

(5) MEP 002a Not producing Electricity, I am looking for someone who is familiar with the 002a to work on it. | Page 2 | SteelSoldiers

Hope this helps! Be sure to post any new findings or progress back here in your thread.

PS: Its a long thread with a lot of info... but has a happy ending although with a lot of work to get there. Hope yours is a simple fix... diode replacement, etc.

Last edited:

mtfleming

I noticed on the other thread that you folks shared that the gentleman read the generator windings. I don’t know where to read them.
Rotating diodes seem to be okay. CTV has one reading slightly low at 2.0 ohms (H3-H4). CT1 readings are a little high at .7, .7, and .65. Generator windings would be like T1-T4, etc.
All your help is greatly appreciated! Also, I noticed that the generator rotor is not evenly spaced between the outer coils, although I don’t hear it scraping when it’s running.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks