• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A oil drain wrench

Craig A Tull

I did a search and could not come up with an answer, is there a purpose built oil drain valve wrench for the MEP-002A? anyone know where I can get one?

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All my gen oil drain valves are ball valves that have a handle and some don't have a handle, the ones without the handle only need an adjustable wrench to open, Please show a Pic of what you have.

Craig A Tull

Mine is the style without a handle, I understand a crescent wrench can be used, but I still wonder if there was a purpose built wrench, something with an inverse X on the end.
I guess I should start every post with " I am not as ignorant as you think" it is amazing how some folks assume they are the only smart people in the room and everyone else is stupid, if it had a valve handle why in the world would I be asking about a valve wrench, I mean come on NOBODY is that stupid. Here is a hint, if you think you are really smart go look in the mirror and you will probably be looking at a dumb ass....

Last edited:

GREENMV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A boss once told me there Is no such thing as a "STUPID" question. Especially about a special tool to open a standard slotted ball valve that any soldier or civilian can open or close with a crescent / adjustable wrench. As per your not so stupid question. In TM 5-6115-585-12 4-5 special tools and equipment, appendix C section III, there Is no such listing.

Craig A Tull

Thanks, and you are correct, any civilian or soldier can operate that valve with a crescent wrench, but again we are talking about my sister, and the crescent wrench has long ago "walked" off with one of the ranch "hands" not as likely with a "only useful for this job" wrench, but then again I guess I really am ignorant, the solution is to replace the valve with one that has a handle. DUH!!! I am however going to "chain" the filter wrench and some others to the machine...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Now is your excuse to get a plasma cutter. You should be able to make the wrench pretty easily with one!

steelandcanvas

Sorry I ruffled your feathers, I was just trying to figure out what you had for a valve. Handle? No handle? Missing handle? A lot of Folks that come on the site need a little prodding to understand what exactly do they have, I was just trying to help. But because of your attitude and language, I won't be helping you any longer.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mr. Tull,

Drop the attitude or this thread gets closed. Jonathan (steelandcanvas) simply answered your question and posed another question, because some of them were changed to a different valve with a handle. You started the drama with your attitude laced response, it is unwarranted and unwanted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks