• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a percent rated current meter help

carey clarkson

I am in need of a Percent rated current meter for my MEP-002a however, most listings I see on the internet do not give an NSN number and don't want to order a part that will not work. They just give make/model/and dimensions. Most I have found are the correct deminsions and are A&M meters that are NOS however my meter on the lower right side has (FS=1AAC) and I figure that stands for something like Amp Current or something like that. The ones I'm finding are for 60hz-400hz however, they have (FS=5AAC). Will these work and if so please explain to me what (FS=*AAC) stands for so I will konw in the future. Thanks

DieselBob

You are correct in your thinking what the spec stands for. Your meter has FS=1AAC which means Full Scale deflection is obtained with 1 Amp A.C. The meter you have found has a different FS value. Full Scale deflection is obtained with 5 Amp A.C. Although it would work it will only read 1/5th the normal reading so if you where running at 100% load on the generator the gauge would only indicate 20%. Hope this helps. You might want to put a ad in the classifieds under parts wanted. Several members have been parting generators now and again. Also you could try at Delks. They have a lot of parts for the MEP's but they aren't inexpensive.
Delk's Army Navy Surplus_Home

Last edited: