• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A Recovery - The Collection Grows

Happyland1410

How does this green stuff keep showing up in my yard? I went and picked up my M116A2/MEP-002A today. I can actually blame this one on my wife. I was bidding on this generator and it went just past the limit I had set for myself. I called my wife to tell her I was out bid. She asked me what the next bid amount was and she said "that is only $80 dollars more than you had planned so try one more bid." Well, as you can tell, I got the generator and I am one very lucky guy to have such a great wife! :mrgreen: I was not able to preview it before the auction so I was a little apprehensive knowing that GL pictures don't always tell the whole story. I won't know for sure until I actually fire it up and test it but I think I got a good one. It currently shows 11 hours and has a reset tag dated 01/06. The tires look almost new and the tool box was full of goodies. :jumpin: The oil looks clean and the tank is 3/4 full of diesel. Now I just need to service it and study the TMs before I fire it up.

The recovery couldn't have been easier and the people at the site were extremely nice. I hitched it up, clamped on my temporary lights, and made the 70 mile trip home without incident. All in all a very good day!

Attachments

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Super set-up. Full tool box too. In the picture where you have all the tyools spread out - what is the thing that looks like a hand crank? What is it used for? Thanks