• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A synchronization question

jxm1092

So I've come across this so far which would take care of my frequency adjustment in conjunction with an actuator and speed monitor that they sell as well. Unfortunately they don't have anything for voltage regulation that I saw on the website. I'm trying to get a few more options though because I've never been a fan of taking the first thing you see.

jxm1092

Also- while the MEP-004 and up do have sync lights, they are not set up for what you want- you would have to get into the Precise line of generators such as the MEP105.
So I'm looking at the MEP105 line and the one I saw on govliq looks like it had governor control from the same company I found so that's a good sign. Still trying to figure out voltage regulation at the moment. I'm also looking into the MEP-802, 803 and/or 831 now that I've seen pictures in this thread (pg. 3) and it looks like maybe this one might be easier to work with if I can get my hands on one?

Last edited:

LMT19

Please someone can tell me how hard to fix or repair MEP-002A 5KWor 003 10KW generator set from Govliquidation site? Some hours really low even over 25 years from now. Thanks,

Triple Jim

This thread is about MEP-002A synchronization. If you would like to know about what to expect when buying a surplus generator, you should go to the auxiliary equipment section here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?55-Auxiliary-Equipment and use the orange button near the top of the page that says "+ Post New Thread". Since you are not the first person to want to know about this, you can also probably find previous threads on the subject by searching.

leedawg

Please someone can tell me how hard to fix or repair MEP-002A 5KWor 003 10KW generator set from Govliquidation site? Some hours really low even over 25 years from now. Thanks,

This is totally off topic and im terrible about getting off topic... I suggest you start a new thread for this and id be happy to give you my experinces thus far. IN the short answer though if you just want a working unit and dont like tinkering and gambling.. Buy one that is restored off ebay you know what you will be getting then and have a form of warranty or security knowing that what you pay for will do what it was intended to do. That being said I love working on stuff its actually the most fun about the whole thing for me so I like taking a chance on what I might get and then getting it to work.

Lee

leedawg

Now how about that 800 series generator? haha
They do look nice but as you mentioned above much harder to get a hold over. I sort of want one as well they are supposed to be much quieter than the good ol 002,003,004,005's respectivly. Think they are John deere motors in them 4 cycl. They burn less fuel to which is great. I saw one come up on gov liquidation the other day but it looked pretty rough. Was in a lot of parts inside it looked like. I also do not know how hard it would be to source parts for these units due to them being the newest thing the military is using so not a lot of them on the civillian market. That being said if they are standard parts from John Deere etc it might not be to hard to get one back up to running condition. I think they have electronic control systems on them which also make them a bit more modern.

Sounds like a great unit though from what ive read about them. A few guys on here have them maybe one of them will chime in .

rickf

I tried to warn you about jumping into another thread. PM me if you have any questions on how to find what you are looking for. If you keep trying on this thread they will suspend your posting privileges! I will not offer again.

Rick

jxm1092

They do look nice but as you mentioned above much harder to get a hold over. I sort of want one as well they are supposed to be much quieter than the good ol 002,003,004,005's respectivly. Think they are John deere motors in them 4 cycl. They burn less fuel to which is great. I saw one come up on gov liquidation the other day but it looked pretty rough. Was in a lot of parts inside it looked like. I also do not know how hard it would be to source parts for these units due to them being the newest thing the military is using so not a lot of them on the civillian market. That being said if they are standard parts from John Deere etc it might not be to hard to get one back up to running condition. I think they have electronic control systems on them which also make them a bit more modern.
I think i saw the same one if you're talking about an 831. I think the 831 might fit my needs for what I'm trying to do and there's a few on govliq so I'm hoping to get one if these are more electronically controlled like I'm looking for.