• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a voltage not stable cooler weather

mtfleming

Machine has worked great all summer. This morning temperature was below 50F and voltage would not stay at 120v and was not adjustable. I had the same problem last winter and never thought it would be weather related. Meter on machine showed 80-100% load and yet it was drawing less than 30 amps (it is set on 120v). The voltage is reading 105v. I replaced VR board last year no change. Any suggestions?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that behavior on a 003 and it turned out to be the pots on the VR board. I gave them a few twists back and forth along with a spray of contact cleaner (making sure I reset them to where they were before I started) and the problem went away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks