• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003 automatic shut down?

drjconley

Does the MEP-003 have an automatic shut down system? I was out of power this last weekend and it was working great. It ran for a little over 12 hours and then shut down. I used my old small generator for a little bit and then the power went on. I havent even had a chance to look it over yet, it is in our vacation house. I wont be getting back to look at it for about two weeks. I was just hopeing that there is a simple reason why it would shut down with 1/2 a tank of diesel after running fine for over 12 hours.

Thanks for any help,

Jim

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are safety shutdowns build into it, but nothing the will shut it off after a set amount of time.

The automatic kills are the Oil Pressure switch located by the oil filter, and the High Temperature switch located inside the louvers under the mufflers. These are the two safeties that shut the set down if something bad happens. There is also a fuel shutoff solenoid that could have failed, and a "start disconnect" switch that could be the problem.

If you have any issues tracking it down, let us know and we'll help ya out as best we can.

Carl_in_NH

Also check the DC circuit breaker and general conditions of the connections inside the control cubicle; a bad connection could cause it to shutdown. The DC breaker also doubles as the Emergency Stop control for the genset.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks