• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 003 AVR PINOUT

bmchauvette

MEP. 003A.VR. Pinout. my generator was putting ouT power until one day it just stopped for no apparent reason

I believe my helper installed the Avr board Incorrectly. So I must do a pin out to trace the wires. I don't think the schematic is correct. I am working off the schematic in TM. 5-6115-585. Dash 34. Change #5. Terminals one, two, and three are jumped together. 8&9 are also jumped, but I don't have any Jumpers on my board also My board is fully populated (no unused terminals). However, terminal 6&7 Is not used on the schematic.

I am going to use a tone tracer To check out the installation. Any pointers? I noticed that three of the six rotating diodes are reverse-biased (Noted on the schematic). Can I read the printing on the old diodes to tell which ones are reversed? Or how can I tell which ones are reversed bias? Do the diodes need to be disconnected to test? Is it safe to assume diodes of a higher voltage and current rating are OK to use?

Scoobyshep

MEP. 003A.VR. Pinout. my generator was putting ouT power until one day it just stopped for no apparent reason

I believe my helper installed the Avr board Incorrectly. So I must do a pin out to trace the wires. I don't think the schematic is correct. I am working off the schematic in TM. 5-6115-585. Dash 34. Change #5. Terminals one, two, and three are jumped together. 8&9 are also jumped, but I don't have any Jumpers on my board also My board is fully populated (no unused terminals). However, terminal 6&7 Is not used on the schematic.

I am going to use a tone tracer To check out the installation. Any pointers? I noticed that three of the six rotating diodes are reverse-biased (Noted on the schematic). Can I read the printing on the old diodes to tell which ones are reversed? Or how can I tell which ones are reversed bias? Do the diodes need to be disconnected to test? Is it safe to assume diodes of a higher voltage and current rating are OK to use?
Higher rated diodes are ok to use. They need disconnected to test as the reversed bias ones will not give you usable results.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ray70

Can you send a picture of your VR wiring?
There should be stainless steel jumper bars ( barely visible unless you look closely ) jumping screws 1,2,3 and 8,9 ( with a wire on 8 but not 9 )
Then you should have individual wires on 10-18
So 1-7 and 9 should all be empty screws.
If you have wires on every screw something has been altered!

Guyfang

Staff member
By old and new, I meant, one was for the 60 hertz model, and the 400 hertz model, they were the first versions. Then came the new regulator that was for both the 60 and 400 hertz. Simply a matter of moving the wires/jumper around. I would think the first version would be about impossible to find now a days. But you never know.

Triple Jim

Of the two I've worked with, the older one is 72-5020 and the newer one is 72-5338. Those numbers are printed the boards. There is no significant difference between the two, but the layout is a little different. Both use jumpers to configure them for 60Hz or 400Hz use.

Triple Jim

That new one was made my me some time ago, as an aftermarket replacement with some improvements. I made several hundred of those before I retired last year. I designed the board so that it was configured for 60Hz operation without needing any jumpers, and I eliminated the unused terminals.

Chainbreaker

Also... maybe I'm reading this thread wrong... but there are other places/components/connections that could have issues that can trigger No AC output as you mentioned as the initial issue you experienced.

Some things that come to mind are within the "AC Reconnection Box", "Control Panel" - transformers, intermittent "wiring connections", etc.

You mentioned: "I believe my helper installed the Avr board Incorrectly". Was this a new board, or one that was already installed that had been removed to troubleshoot or what?

BTW, I have one of Triple Jim's AVR's installed on my #1 genset & it has been rock-solid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks