• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003 replacement panels

icentropy

does anyone offer replacement instrument panels for these generators? I picked up a few and the anodized panels are sunbleached to the point they are pretty much illegible. I figure someone must make stickers, inserts or replacement panels as it seems most of the gens up at govliq had the same problem but haven't been able to find any.

leedawg

Mine has the same problem. I'm not sure its worth spending the money on replacing them honestly. You know what all the knobs and switches do. If not you can refer to the TM it has illustrations in there I think. On mine I have to look at it sideways to be able to discern what they say due to the really bad sun bleaching as well.

icentropy

Yeah probably right but I bought 3 of them off govliq a month ago and wanted to fix'em up right. I plan on using one of them as a main generator for my rural property and it would just bug me everytime i use it :D.

I was thinking of making an insert myself but didn't want to go through the trouble/expense if someone already offered them.

I figured thin aluminum panel anodized black and engraved with all the info that came stock but on a panel that could be attached over the original panel/switches with heavy duty double sided tape or permenantly glued on. But could be installed without having to take apart the panel. basically just stick on. Anodized and engraved would make it a permanent fix. The originals look to have been photo etched so the sun bleached them out.

leedawg

I totally understand the just bugging you part. So on one of mine I actually bought a panel on ebay that I saw come up and moved all the gauges and switches over. Lets just say I wont do it again. I am satisfied with the result looks great now but it was a major pain in the ass moving all the stuff over to the new panel. I would contact william Delk he would be your best bet for getting one id think. Super nice guy and just a huge wealth of knowledge on these units. Give him a call.

(336) 629-0991

Lee

Isaac-1

You may want to double check me, but I think the panel is the same on the MEP-002a as on the MEP-003a, so that might expand your search, if the local GL auction list ratio is anything to go by there seem to be 5-10 MEP-002a's for every MEP-003a.

Ike

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One option may be to keep your eyes open for a complete control box (or whatever the proper terminology is). I was fortunate in January to pick up a NIB complete control box with all gauges, switches, wiring, boards, etc for just over $200. The tag on the side said that is was made in Fort Drum in 2005. I bought it so I would have spare parts for my MEP-002A. I've seen new boxes come up at other times, usually a bit more than I paid, but available nevertheless. Earlier this week, 4 lots of control boxes, each lot with 15 control boxes sold out of Oklahoma City. The bidding was a bit high for my tastes, but two of the lots appeared to have an equal mix of new and refurbished units. You may want to ask around and see who bought them up. Maybe you can cherry pick a new one for reasonable money. Bolt it on and connect the cannon plugs. Done.

John

Munchies

One option may be to keep your eyes open for a complete control box (or whatever the proper terminology is). I was fortunate in January to pick up a NIB complete control box with all gauges, switches, wiring, boards, etc for just over $200. The tag on the side said that is was made in Fort Drum in 2005. I bought it so I would have spare parts for my MEP-002A. I've seen new boxes come up at other times, usually a bit more than I paid, but available nevertheless. Earlier this week, 4 lots of control boxes, each lot with 15 control boxes sold out of Oklahoma City. The bidding was a bit high for my tastes, but two of the lots appeared to have an equal mix of new and refurbished units. You may want to ask around and see who bought them up. Maybe you can cherry pick a new one for reasonable money. Bolt it on and connect the cannon plugs. Done.

John
Watched those and I have a friend at Vance AFB base to do Okc pickups too! aua
I found the supplier of the panels to the .mil the past 10 years or so. He wants $350 per panel. HAH He sells them to the gov for 32 EA

Looking at another source with some decent stock. Hoping to keep it around $100 for a NIB/NOS panel.

paddymac

MEP 002A Panels

I'm looking for control panels for a MEP 002A also. In fact, I need lots of stuff for the 002A. If anybody has something, I'd like to hear about it.

I'm new to this site-heard about at Smokstak when I was looking for info on the 002A.

Patrick

RichardR

I have a few of these replacement panels, new in boxes. Got them from GL some time ago and haven't gotten around to moving them out to folks who want/need them. Maybe with a little prodding I'll get on it sooner rather than later. I had looked for a long time to find these, so I don't think they are commonly available except from the original manufacturer, and I don't doubt the $350 retail price Munchies says. I believe we taxpayers paid about $100 each for the ones I got.

I agree with leedawg that moving all the switches and gauges from the old panel to a new one may not be as easy as you might first think, but it makes the control panel look new.

Richard

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks