• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003 utility outlet has no power....

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure you should be messing around with a generator????????

The frequency meter uses the 110 volt power generated by the set to operate...no power...no frequency meter.

Speddmon, thank you for your reply. While I am new to generators I am not an ignorant and am capable of learning new things. When I get to something I don't know or understand I read and or ask questions.

Great news, the cut wires have been repaired and it's making power! The gauges are all working now as well. I'll get it under a roof and pull the injectors to send out to Jerry for flow testing and adjustment.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not saying you are not capable of learning new things. I encourage anybody to keep learning. But you are trying to learn about something that can KILL you (electricity). This is not something that should be learned on an internet forum, you don't always get good or safe advice.

Isaac-1

To follow up on what Speddmon said, part of the thing about generators is not just that they can kill you, but they can kill (or injure) you in so many different ways, it is not just the electricity, there is also the chance for mechanical injury, burns, CO poisoning, injecting diesel fuel under your skin, etc. They are much like working on your electrical breaker box while it is "hot", while working on your car at the same time.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dell, there is a HUGE difference between this and a 5 ton. With anything mechanical, you can use some common sense and not put your hands in or on anything moving or what looks dangerous. You cannot see, smell or hear electricity. Unless you know exactly what you are doing, it is very easy to touch something you are not supposed to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks