• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003 Valve Adjustment

gasman28110

In the manual it says to adjust the valves @70*F. I know not to do this on a hot engine but have never heard of a stated temp. before. what if any leeway do you have on that temp and why?

Thanks

Johnny

steelandcanvas

I wouldn't think this temperature is an exact. I would assume it was specified to eliminate trying to adjust valves in extreme hot or cold. I think you'd get an accurate adjustment +/- 20 degrees.

Isaac-1

You might want to look at the service manual for the civilian version of the same engine, the Onan DJC / DJE

This link is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks