• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Aux Fuel Hose Adapter

hogi

Does anyone know what the proper hose adapter is for the Aux hose on a MEP 003?
I took the cap to Home Depot but they did not have anything that fit (even tried AutoZone and a local plumber store)

Best,
Hogi

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you look at the tech manual, you should find the part number. You can them google that and find info(usually).

Without a picture or part number, I am not sure what fitting your referencing.

I would guess it's a standard "AN" fitting.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
#15 is just a 90* fitting, and #14 is just a cap on a chain. If you want hose to be able to fill the fuel tank with an aux pump, HDexpert has those.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The hose end that fits that and is used with the aux fuel kit is part # MS24587-5.

Take your elbow to a hydraulic hose shop or industrial type supply house. It's an AN fitting(-5). JIC fittings will be compatible. (It should be 1/2"-20 thread and 37 degree)

And that's not the TM you needed for the part number. The TMs should be available here on SS.

And next time, it helps alot for you to copy that page and post it, so we do not have to do all the looking.

Here's a link with a bunch of oem numbers/names http://www.parttarget.com/4730-00-8...70.html/-FB6EA848-D162-4A66-993E-5B5F1AF8B89D

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

NSN: 4730-01-049-0746
Some info: Hopes it helps.
THREAD CLASS = 2A 1ST END
CONNECTION STYLE = PLAIN (PIPE) 2ND END
CONNECTION STYLE = FLARED (TUBE) 1ST END
LEG LENGTH = 1.219 INCHES NOMINAL 1ST END
LEG LENGTH = 0.875 INCHES NOMINAL 2ND END
CONNECTION TYPE = THREADED INTERNAL PIPE 2ND END
CONNECTION TYPE = THREADED EXTERNAL TUBE 1ST END
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE = 0.500 INCHES 1ST END
NOMINAL THREAD SIZE = 0.250 INCHES 2ND END
SEAT ANGLE = 37.0 DEGREES 1ST END
FLOW ANGLE = 90.0 DEGREES
NOMINAL OUTSIDE DIAMETER TUBE ACCOMMODATED = 0.312 INCHES 1ST END
MATERIAL = COPPER ALLOY OVERALL
THREAD SERIES DESIGNATOR = UNF 1ST END
THREAD SERIES DESIGNATOR = NPTF 2ND END

3dAngus

If he doesn't I think I have one or two. Also, the 55 gal drum attachment.
For some reason, I thought there were two hoses that hooked up to that drum attachment for the MEP. I'll have to go look at it and refresh my memory.

Please check with HDExpert first.

hogi

Thank you so much- You are awesome!

Here is my MEP-003 with/without sound proofing on youtube:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm33FDqUfQc&feature=autoplay&list=ULCTFLEnbLxb4&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=6[/media]

Best,
hogi

LuckyDog

DUDE!!!!! your gonna melt the power cord on the heater!!!!!!!!!

AND for the love of Christ.......... Get a GREEN tarp.

I can't believe you haven't been banned from the site for a week with that blue one!!!!!!

:p:p:p:p:p

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i was thinking about making a post on the aux fuel supply hose this week, but decided i needed to do more searching before i posted something. i have a long hydraulic hose with 1/4" NPT ends on it kicking around the garage. since i would have to get an adapter to go from the "AN" fitting on the aux pump, i came up with another idea. i have quick disconnect hydraulic hose couplers that i thought i could just screw that on the pump and the other end on the hydraulic hose i could use as a fuel hose. my thought is that i wouldnt need the 5/8" wrench to attach the hose and leak diesel fuel either. so if i feed the genny from a 55 gallon drum, i could hook it up quick and easy and when it is time to refuel or whatever, its quick and easy to unhook it. has anybody else used hydraulic couplers to connect the aux fuel source?

amolaver

apologies for reviving an older thread, but since it looks like i'm going to be running on the my 003 probably all week, using a drum as a fuel source seems a lot more important idea today than it did a couple days ago :)

the drum i've got, but i'm not clear on what exactly is needed to draw from it. a 5AN fitting to connect to the port on the gen, hose from fitting to drum, then a cap with a draw pipe to go into the drum? could i just zip tie something heavy to the end of the hose and drop it into the drum (using a plastic bag to seal around the hose to the top of the drum), at least as an 'i should have planned ahead better' solution?

ahm

rickf

Just dropping the hose in the drum will work fine. If you are using the system as was intended the drum will fill the genny tank as the level drops in the tank. It will only draw from the drum as needed when the tank level drops so as long as the hose end is in the fuel in the drum you are good to go. Even if it comes out you have another hour or more of run time before the main tank runs out.

Rick

amolaver

struck out trying to find either an AN hose or fitting, so just using the trusty lincoln pump to transfer from the drum to the day tank. tomorrow though, the hydraulic shops will be open, and i'll see if i can round up the appropriate pieces to get it working.

my dad gave me another good idea to use with this. take a 4' piece of 1" (3/4" might work) PVC and drop the hose you are going to use through it. make sure 3-6" of hose stick out from the end of the PVC. drop that end into the drum (so the 3-6" are at the bottom of the drum), and run the other end to the gen - no wasted hose coiled up inside the drum, and you can even put a 90 fitting on the top side of the PVC to make sure the hose doesn't kink making the bend out of the drum.

ahm

DieselBob

That sounds like it should work fine. I have used long thread nuts, like you use on leaf spring "U" bolts to weight the end of the hose in this type of use. Also not sure if there are any concerns with PVC and diesel interaction over the long term. Also keep the hose a couple inches off the bottom of the drum just so no sediment gets sucked up. Hope you get the power back soon. We got ours back last night. Man I love my 003 at times like this...:-D

Last edited:

amolaver

with the heat the last couple days (and not much cooler this week), the 003 has been great. we had a little hiccup yesterday where it shut down, i think to overheating, but after it cooled down and ike told me about the intake heater damper (up for cold, down for 'normal') - mine was in the wrong position - she's run perfectly. she's burning some diesel, but a lot less $ than a hotel would have been...

ahm

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks