• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003A, CB2 DC Circuit Breaker Trip

Guyfang

Staff member
When I was in a Hawk Firing Battery, we needed 8 each, MEP-113A, 60 KW gen sets to run all three firing sections. We produced power for nothing other then the missile system. I had a total of 12 Gen sets in the unit. Tell you anything?

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chainbreaker,

Haha, exactly the way I (and a lot of us ) think......have “plan c”. I was doing annual maintenance on our generator, was popping the DC breaker after a 30 minute run (warming up for oil and filter(s) change), after that problem developed....went to our 2nd generator (hadn’t been used in 2 years), changed the batteries , ran for 30 minutes, changed the oil and filters.

I would love a sticky on our website that shows a hyperlink based “spare parts” list. Most of what I’ve accumulated is from tripleJim (AC/DC regulators), spin on oil filters from Speddmon, spin on fuel from Ray 70 and grounding rods from Light in the Dark. I did pick up a few spare engines years ago, along with a couple glow plugs. I would love an IP pump repair kit, oil and temp sensor for back up.

Be preprared.....a moto I learned when I was 11.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks