• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 003a fuel pump connectors

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The phase selection switch is behind the little door on the 'front' of the machine (gauge side) left side, just above the convenience outlet. Never turn that switch while the machine is running or you may not only be looking for a new pair of underwear, but also where to refill the smoke chamber.

320544599_828814868229373_6961615256868461902_n.jpg

Kahles56

And it's made by Lucas, so it's the good stuff!
Not that cheap aftermarket replacement smoke!
joseph Lucas, AKA "Prince of darkness"
Remember there is the right way of doing things,
the wrong way of doing things AND
there is the British Way Of Doing Things.

Not to offend anyone, I used to work on British cars back in the late 70's and early 80's.
Could always count on The Brits to come up with some weird way of doing something.
Just as a joke I took a hammer and drilled a hole in the handle placed a screw through handle and bolted it above the fuel pump ,added a spring to keep the hammer off the fuel pump, added a string and a pulley to the hammer end and ran it inside so driver could pull string to get pump to start when he tried to start car worked great , he was a cheep SOB and the hammer and time was cheaper than a new fuel pump for a MGB.
Ken

rickf

Ah, So you are quite familiar with Whitworth tools? I might even still have one or two buried in an old box somewhere. I was watching some You Tube show where they were restoring a British armored vehicle of some sort and they actually needed Whitworth tools on some of the parts. Can you imagine being out in the field without the proper tool kit and needing those tools? I can't tell you haw many Whitworth bolts I came across that were all chewed up from Vice grips and pipe wrenches because nothing else fit.

Kahles56

Ah, So you are quite familiar with Whitworth tools? I might even still have one or two buried in an old box somewhere. I was watching some You Tube show where they were restoring a British armored vehicle of some sort and they actually needed Whitworth tools on some of the parts. Can you imagine being out in the field without the proper tool kit and needing those tools? I can't tell you haw many Whitworth bolts I came across that were all chewed up from Vice grips and pipe wrenches because nothing else fit.
Whitworth tools, I had forgotten about those bolts.
I swear they were a cross between Metric and SAE, not to mention the difference in thread.
I have seen nuts welded to the bolt to be able to remove, only in hidden areas of the car of course.

Kahles56

Whitworth tools, I had forgotten about those bolts.
I swear they were a cross between Metric and SAE, not to mention the difference in thread.
I have seen nuts welded to the bolt to be able to remove, only in hidden areas of the car of course.
Of note was told by a 70-year-old mechanic I was working for that British cars would make a mechanic out of a preacher to include all of the famous verbiage that mechanics utilize when they get mad.
I do know and have seen preachers cuss like a sailor when they got the bill for repair.
Not despairing a sailor's verbal knowledge, sailors have an aptitude to say a whole lot in few words and usually are right to the point.
Ken

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks