• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 003a injection pump

Ploughshares

Am in the process of disassembling a M50 injection pump that mounts on a Mep 003a generator. Like others I do not have the " pressing tool " for removal of the plunger retaining rings and seat. Have seen mentioned by others a customized " socket or pipe " tool that works. See in the pump disassembly guide ( figure 4 ) what appears to be a cutout that enables one to access the rings. Questions : Does the pressing tool sit on top of the spring seat ? How tall of a cutout do you need ? How far does spring seat travel before rings are visible ? Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

R Racing

Yes the tool does sit on top of the retainer.the slot should be a good inch if possible as the retainer will have to be pushed about 5/8 inch then you can use a small screw driver or magnet to pull out the 2 retaining clips.

jamawieb

I have rebuilt several pumps and I've always used a pair of needle nose with the 90 degree nose. I put the pump on the workbench sitting with the spring up and push down with the pliers until the retaining clips are free and then use a pick to get them out or in.

Ploughshares

Was able to get the seat compressed and rings out. Now the trick will be to get those tiny rings back in during re-assembly. Also, want to try the " flow method " in order to time the IP. Thanks much to all who weighed in with their suggestions. I do enjoy reading so many helpful comments on this forum concerning generators and other topics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks