• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a installing Dynagen ES52 autostart speed sensing issues

Milhouse

I have installed a Dynagen ES-52 autostart module in an MEP003a, it starts the generator fine, runs for about a minute, then shuts down saying loss of speed sensing (overspeed light blinking) has anyone run into this? does somthing change about 1 minute in ? I have the speed sensing connection on the ac input to the transponder for the frequency gauge, figuring if the gauge is working there is signal. Any help would be appreciated. And before anyone asks, I will be contacting the manufacturer if I can't find a solution, but they are a long distance call for me, so I am trying to find a solution before I call.

derf

It probably wants RPM from the engine somehow. You may have to add some kind of tach setup or change the way the controller senses speed. It won't do frequency sensing?

Milhouse

it does frequency sensing off the ac, and I know it sees it initially because the "engine running" light is on which also works off the speed sensing, its just acting like the ac is being briefly interrupted. I have tried 2 different ac sources in the control box, both with the same results.

derf

You may try and avoid the frequency meter components. Try the convenience outlet hot leg if it does frequency sense from the AC.
It probably has about a 1 minute timer to let the gen get running and stabilized before the sensing is needed.

glassk

Generator output: When using generator output (50 or 60 Hz) speed range 1 (LO) is required sw 4 &5 off. did you set the overspeed pot,