• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-003a/m116a2 recovery

JAYHAWK 1962

Hello all thought you would enjoy a couple of pics of recovery. Earl from gl was awesome as always and we hooked up and were out in just a few minutes. got home checked fluid levels added slave cable from m35 and she fired right up. everything looked great now just have to hook it up to transfer switch. picking up a mep 002a next week. looks just as good hopefully it will run also. take care all. quick question. are there sheet metal coverings for the generator to completely enclose it like the larger generators have? thanks!!

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a cover kit that is meant to quiet the sound level. They are called ASK, acoustic suppression kit.

That's a real nice looking gen set and trailer! That is beautiful white sand also!:wink:

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a nice score on the gen and trailer. Congrats.

Like dh said, the only covers that are available for them is the ASK...the panels look like they have insulation in/on them to absorb the sound...they also make the unit look like a big box. I don't think they look all that nice with the ASK on, but everybody does say that are a lot more quiet

Nonotagain

are there sheet metal coverings for the generator to completely enclose it like the larger generators have? thanks!!
The ASK kits completely enclose the generator which if the weather is cold can be a good thing, but under normal temperatures cook the heck out of things.

Since your trailer has the bows al ready installed, why not just cover the bows with some plywood and line the inside fiberglass ceiling tiles? Your access to refueling and checking the oil will be better plus it keeps the unit out of the elements, as well is a very good sound dampener.

If you were closer I'l like to purchase your bows if you wern't going to use them.

M725

Nice one. I just picked one up myself from GL. Playing **** trying to find a cover, try everwhere! I was thinking of making one out plywood with fold up sides.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks