• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A oil pressure gauge hiding from me

bones1

Just received my MEP-003A with ASK kit installed. Is there supposed to be an oil pressure gauge somewhere?.
And also, where is the L0 neutral bonding strap located? Is it behind the white panel with the lugs?

jamawieb

Flip the access door on the top of the ASK. Then look inside and to the right, if your standing directly in front of the unit. Its in the same location as any other 003a.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had considered putting a low oil pressure light on the panel of mine or relocating the oil pressure gauge so I knew when it had built enough pressure to let go of the start switch.

cuad4u

On ASK units it is a relatively simple matter to relocate the oil pressure gauge just under the gauge panel near the throttle. I used a chrome gauge mount from NAPA - about $3.

jamawieb

I've had a couple of military modified units, where they relocated the oil gauge right under the control panel next to the throttle (a logical place).

bones1

Thanks for the info guys. You can tell that this is my first military generator purchase I bet. Some more then. That hatch on the top marked "air intake" on the ASK, should that be open when running? .Moving the gauge to the front panel is an excellent idea. So the bonding strap is on the backside of the grounding lug down by the 24v slave receptacle. Thank You all.

bones1

Never did find the oil pressure gauge. Must be hidden under the ASK kit somewhere. I guess if it didn't have good pressure the switch wouldn't let it run. All must be well, it runs really nice.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you open the top hatch covering the air cleaner you should be able to see it along the right side down low. It may take a flashlight to get enough light down there to find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks