• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Voltage Reg. Connections

Jim Layton

Help please: There is a terminal block under my voltage regulator that my stator wires land on. Is there a spot on this block where two wires go under one screw? I seem to have an extra wire whit no where to land it. This wire goes up around the red backing plate, past the oil filter to a large connector at about the center of the engine.
I noticed the blue crimps match all the others on top of the terminal block, and it's the only wire connections at this end of the unit. Anyone got a picture of theirs?Terminal Block.jpg

Guyfang

Staff member
All the wires on the set are marked. Sometimes you have to look hard, or even follow the wires to a place that is not dirty, or "fixed".
The two wires going down, go to the stator. They have been "fixed". Look past the "fix". One of the wires is P68B16, (TB6-1). The other is P69B16, (TB6-2). Look at the regulator, (A5) and find the two wires marked P68A16, (TB6-1) and P69A16, (TB6-2). One end of the capacitor, is attached to ground. I can see it in the picture. The other end goes to TB6-3. I can see that in the picture. These wires are unmarked. Then from the Ar should also be a wire marked P50J16. It goes to the other side of TB6-3. Then there is a wire from engine wire harness, (J3, pin E) that also goes to TB6-3. That's it.

Ray70

FYI, if still in doubt, that wire needs to attach to the wire with the red shrink tube on it. One end of the capacitor also attaches to the red stripe wire and the one that you are questioning. So it needs to be in the 2nd position from the right in your picture.
So what's the background here, was it disconnected on your machine?

Jim Layton

All the wires on the set are marked. Sometimes you have to look hard, or even follow the wires to a place that is not dirty, or "fixed".
The two wires going down, go to the stator. They have been "fixed". Look past the "fix". One of the wires is P68B16, (TB6-1). The other is P69B16, (TB6-2). Look at the regulator, (A5) and find the two wires marked P68A16, (TB6-1) and P69A16, (TB6-2). One end of the capacitor, is attached to ground. I can see it in the picture. The other end goes to TB6-3. I can see that in the picture. These wires are unmarked. Then from the Ar should also be a wire marked P50J16. It goes to the other side of TB6-3. Then there is a wire from engine wire harness, (J3, pin E) that also goes to TB6-3. That's it.
I got it figured out, thanks for the information.

Jim Layton

Did you find it unhooked? or what?
The front of the engine was off for an oil leak, it has been months and I did not remember where that one wire went. You can see the repaired/replaced wires. I think someone just cut them last time the engine was apart. It was in this condition when I bought it. We are just waiting on a replacement fuse holder to arrive and everything is done.

Jim Layton

FYI, if still in doubt, that wire needs to attach to the wire with the red shrink tube on it. One end of the capacitor also attaches to the red stripe wire and the one that you are questioning. So it needs to be in the 2nd position from the right in your picture.
So what's the background here, was it disconnected on your machine?
We took it apart to fix an oil leak and some time went by and I didn't remember where the wire went. I also discovered the wires have been repaired or replaced, the new ones have no numbers on them. So I was stuck. Thanks for the input. I figured someone in here would know.