• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003A

Dennis K

Battery volt meter does not work. Less then 3 volts on wire to volt meter with generator running. Batteries appear to be charging. Any thoughts, recommendations would be appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
If you only have 3 volts on the wire to the meter, what would you expect to see on the meter? The meter can only read what is coming to it. 3 volts is not enough to make it read.

How do you know that the batteries are charging? Have you tested them? How? Have you charged them up? I would take the batters out, and load test them. If you do not have the test equipment to do that, take them to someone who can. Then you KNOW the batteries are good. Then install them, start the set up and see what you read on the charging circuit. On start up. A few min later.

Also, please change your location to the state you live in. Thanks.

Dennis K

If you only have 3 volts on the wire to the meter, what would you expect to see on the meter? The meter can only read what is coming to it. 3 volts is not enough to make it read.

How do you know that the batteries are charging? Have you tested them? How? Have you charged them up? I would take the batters out, and load test them. If you do not have the test equipment to do that, take them to someone who can. Then you KNOW the batteries are good. Then install them, start the set up and see what you read on the charging circuit. On start up. A few min later.

Also, please change your location to the state you live in. Thanks.
My point in noting the voltage to the meter is to let folks know the problem is low/no voltage to the meter. It's obvious three volts won't move a twenty-four volt meter .
The batteries are charging because I use the generator every seven days to run an irrigation pump. They keep starting the generator for months on end; ergo, they must be charging.

The answer I'm looking for is why do I have low voltage to the voltmeter?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks