• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 003a

maudoose

Ok picked up the new to me MEP 003a genset last week. Over the last couple days been going thru it preparing for the first start.
In the series of fuel strainer and filters, the first strainer (or whatever it is called) the one without the filter I broke off the threads that holds on the strainer. Does anyone know if the threaded stud that goes thru it will unscrew and allow me to use a piece of all thread to replace it?
If not I will have to replace the entire assembly
I have all the tech manuals but can’t find anything close to this subject.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can disassemble it and use a new rod, but that rod is hollow IIRC. The fuel enters the chamber, through the plates on the strainer and into the center up through the rod and out the top to the next canister.

maudoose

I got everything back together on the generator. Fired up pretty easy, except it will only run when held in the start position. I think I may have a bad switch. I run a jumper from the battery to the fuel pump sylonoid and let it run for a couple min. But will not run with out jumper when the switch is let off.
Does anyone have any input other than a switch?

maudoose

OK genrator will only run while the strart swicth is being engaged. As soon as I let off the switch to go to the run position it dies. I found a dead spot on the switch, So i jumped a hot wire from the battery to the fuel pump sylonoid and it fired up and run well.
I think i need a new switch. What is your alls input?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check the high temperature shutdown switch and or the oil pressure switch. Both of those will cause the exact same symptoms as you have. Also, the start relay will cause this issue, but more than likely one of the two safety switches are your problem.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks