• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004 frequency meter&co It turns off when I put in run the switch

sgarfa

Good afternoon everyone, after a rebuild of the injection pump (for which I have also removed the alternator)...at the restarting, the voltmeter and the frequency meter are switched off when i release the starter motor and put the switch in run position, if i put back the switch in start position when the genset is already running for a few seconds the meters restart to work...i've tried to verify the alternator connections, i've studied the manual, but now I'm a little in trouble:sad::sad:
some illuminated person has some idea?

Guyfang

Staff member
When you start the set, hold the S-1, start switch up longer. It sounds like you do not hold the S-1 up long enough. The generator needs to get a signal from the speed switch to excite the main get. If you let it go too soon, the gen set will not excite itself and it makes no power. So that's why the volt and hertz meter do not show anything.

sgarfa

thank you so much of the answer, but I usually keep te start switch up for few seconds until the frequency meter starts to measure, but now when i release the switch to run position the meters go to 0, tomorrow i try to put the start switch up for more seconds...

thank you so much

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks