• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004 Fuel Strainer

Guyfang

Staff member
You could download the TM here in the TM forum, for the MEP-004A.

There, in TM 5-6115-464-24P, Page (PDF page number) 198, Figure 49, Item 14, is listed the fuel strainer. Do you need just the strainer? Or is it missing? Normally you simply clean the strainer, not change it.

Sargesandman

You could download the TM here in the TM forum, for the MEP-004A.

There, in TM 5-6115-464-24P, Page (PDF page number) 198, Figure 49, Item 14, is listed the fuel strainer. Do you need just the strainer? Or is it missing? Normally you simply clean the strainer, not change it.
The strainer is missing, only have the housing.

Guyfang

Staff member
And that's exactly what it should look like. Part number F6X12AT3, NSN 2910-00-374-6020

There are other numbers also, but this is a good one.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you end up not finding this part for sale (I currently cannot, but did not do an exhaustive search)... you can always bypass and plumb a new remote filter with modern spin on element.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not familiar with the MEP004, but from the picture in one of the posts, it looks like the same one used on MEP002 & 3. If you can't find one, send me an email. I have a couple of parts MEP002s I could probably get one off of.

1800 Diesel

And that's exactly what it should look like. Part number F6X12AT3, NSN 2910-00-374-6020
There are other numbers also, but this is a good one.
Guyfang,

Is it possible that the MEP-003A strainer assembly is the same as what's installed on an MEP-004A? Before I take a bunch of measurements this afternoon I thought you may already know.

Guyfang

Staff member
Guyfang,

Is it possible that the MEP-003A strainer assembly is the same as what's installed on an MEP-004A? Before I take a bunch of measurements this afternoon I thought you may already know.

There are approx 16 different NSNs and Part numbers for the strainer. It's the same strainer, no matter what gen set book you look it up in. So if you feel like you have a little dead time on your hands, try all the numbers. I will list them all if you like. But only if you promise to look all of them up!!

Every once in awhile even the government gets it right. It only my two cents worth, but I think we should be still using it. It worked. It was simple. It was in the supply system.

KISS.

Guyfang

Staff member
You dont need to look. None of the numbers show up. BUT, I did find a strainer in the big auction site. The only problem is its inside the filter body, with mounting plate. Listed for a MEP-002A. Still good. BUT, its 300.00 bucks. That boy is crazy. No, is someone here will help you out, do it. Remember, once its in the set, you will never need to replace it again. 300.00 bucks. Must be on crack.

1800 Diesel

There are approx 16 different NSNs and Part numbers for the strainer. It's the same strainer, no matter what gen set book you look it up in. So if you feel like you have a little dead time on your hands, try all the numbers. I will list them all if you like. But only if you promise to look all of them up!!

Every once in awhile even the government gets it right. It only my two cents worth, but I think we should be still using it. It worked. It was simple. It was in the supply system.

KISS.
No need to look anything else up--when I get back home I'll pull an MEP-002A or 003A strainer and do a comparison. (Out of state a few days this week.)

I suspect the MEP-002A or 003A strainers will be identical to the MEP-004A & 005A models.

Sargesandman--My suggestion is to get the original equipment piece and install it then you're done...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks