• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 004 overload

charger53

I recently had a lightning strike about 10 ft from my genset. Started it to do my pre winter load test the other day and it shows overload on the indicator lamp. The generator doesnt put out voltage at the lugs, but does show everything as should be on the guages. Im thinking overload relay. Can somone tell me where to find it? I havnt had time to do much with it, but need to have it for backup before snow flies... any help or suggestions are appriciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
Before you start changing parts, try this. Start up the set like always, but keep the S-2, (start/run/stop switch) in the UP position. Flip up the S-7, (battle short switch), into the ON position. Let go of the S-2. What happens? Does the set keep running? Does the M-9, (AC voltmeter) read right? Does the M-6, (Hertz meter) read right? Do you get an idiot light on your A-9, Fault indicator Panel? Can you close the CB-2, Main output circuit breaker? Do you have proper voltage at your output terminals?

Last edited:

charger53

Before you start changing parts, try this. Start up the set like always, but keep the S-2, (start/run/stop switch) in the UP position. Flip up the S-7, (battle short switch), into the ON position. Let go of the S-2. What happens? Does the set keep running? Does the M-9, (AC voltmeter) read right? Does the M-6, (Hertz meter) read right? Do you get an idiot light on your A-9, Fault indicator Panel? Can you close the CB-2, Main output circuit breaker? Do you have proper voltage at your output terminals?
I will give it a try and report results as soon as I am home again. Thank you! Very little time at home right now, so not much time to work around the ranch ;)