• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004 water pump kit NSN 2930-00-678-3818 - Napa or other civi equivalent?

bimota

Ok, my MEP-004 water pump is gone, sparks flying from fan hitting the shroud. So bearing or carrier or something is going and need to be replaced. I need help with parts - according to page Figure 73 or page 276 of the parts manual TM 9-9661-464-24P there is a kit NSN 2930-00-678-3818 for the water pump.

Bolts are all tight - genset is in friends home and was running 2-3 hours per day last two weeks.

Can anyone help ID these parts, recommend a source and advise if this is a typical failure point and any suggestion to repair or replace?

PeterD

Hercano (that's probably misspelled) Propulsion (Jerry Brio again probably not spelled right) is the source. Search this forum and you'll find references to him posted by me a year or two ago. Jerry (and his wife Linda) is the guy to go to for engine parts.

If Jerry can't help you I may have a spare used water pump here, however I don't know what condition it is in. Shoot me a PM in that case.

bimota

Ok, it appears a rebuild kit is available at a semi-reasonable price. Brand new bolt in pumps - not so much. We have hundreds of these out there - they are all going to need pumps someday - we need to find the cross reference and cost effective option.

Anyone actually use the rebuild kit?

jamawieb

When I had my MEP-004a, the water pump went out and I bought one from Delks. It was reasonably priced, I can't recall the price but I remember it not being expensive.