• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 004a, power problem

toomanytoys

Hello,

I have a question, I've had my MEP 004 now for over 6 years for backup power to the house, no problems until now.

The problem is when starting the unit I hold the start switch up until oil pressure is up and generating power/cycles come up, I release the start switch and I lose the generator side.

So my understanding is I lose the exciter, I was told to check the regulator/exciter but not where it's located or what it looks like or how to check it.

Is it a repairable part?

Or something you just replace? and if so would you know any companies where I could buy it?

I don't mind working on them I'm just not up to speed on how they work. I was a equipment mechanic in the military, but we didn't do the generator side of it the electric shop did that part.

Thank you