• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005 30kw pump gasket question

Stonepicker1

Anyone know if the gasket kit 24371 has the cover gasket in it. From pictures online, just not sure.
Pump: RoosaMaster
Model: DBMFC 633-1LK

I been working on this gen for days now. Old fuel sitting inside the the pump for years. Had fuel going to the pump, but nothing to the injectors. Opened up the pump and sprayed with carb cleaner inside a few times. Making sure all the internal linkage moved freely.
drained the old tarnished fuel out. Sprayed more carb cleaner ( did this process over 6 time)
Finally, after putting the pump back together. It started right up.😊😊
This is the first time I have started this generator since I bought it back in 2005 I think.

v/r
Phil

Attachments

Ray70

I can also confirm the kit has the cover gasket, and a bunch of extra stuff you don't need!
Depending on what you are doing with your pump, I would also suggest getting the 1 piece governor weight basket ( if you are doing a full pump rebuild )
This eliminates the flex coupler all together, since it WILL eventually fail.
The kit comes with a new flex coupler if you choose to just replace it and keep the 2 piece basket.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks