• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005a fuel leak

Ray70

Hi Shane, That knob is the droop adjustment knob. You don't want to turn that at all.
The knurled knob pulls off and there is a small o-ring underneath, but it won't come off without removing the rear end cap which is held on by 4 small cap screws. There is also an O-ring where the control rod guide screws into the body of the pump, ( #77 ) but if it appears to be leaking from under that knurled cap I would bet item# 74 in the picture is leaking.

I've rebuilt a few of those IP's and have some parts around. I may have the O-ring you need, or a complete seal kit is about $35 on ebay.
005 IP.JPG

Ray70

If you remove the end plate, that houses the thrust plate for the internal transfer pump.
When you reassemble it, make sure the alignment pin is lined up correctly with the hole in the body and the notch in the thrust plate before you tighten the screws. Also make sure the O-ring that seals the end cap to the body is seated in it's groove correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks