• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005A looking for engine parts or re power options.

i have a mep-005a with the whites D298fr threw a rod on cylinder 6 looking for a short block or any one that may have a complete crank and piston i know there are several complete engines on ebay but wheres the fun in a engine swap where do you guys dig up engine parts for these? or i was thinking of re powering it with a newer motor like a kubota or something similar? any input would be great thanks in advance!!!

Chainbreaker

I would Google "MEP-114a for sale" and see if you get any hits anywhere.

Also, post here in the SS classifieds "Parts Wanted" section for same generator. Who knows, some SS member may have one sitting around that they want to sell.

DANIEL PRIVAT

i have a mep-005a with the whites D298fr threw a rod on cylinder 6 looking for a short block or any one that may have a complete crank and piston i know there are several complete engines on ebay but wheres the fun in a engine swap where do you guys dig up engine parts for these? or i was thinking of re powering it with a newer motor like a kubota or something similar? any input would be great thanks in advance!!!
I have one, unfortunately I’m on the other side of the country... it’s a runner. $1500.

Guyfang

Staff member
I consider it VERY easy. But I have done it many times. Try reading the -34 TM. Two of my young soldiers could have the engine out in 2.5-3 hours. But like me, they had lots of hands on. With overhead lift, I am sure I could still do it alone in 5-6 hours. And not really break a sweat.

Ray70

If worst comes to worst and you end up doing a motor swap, I have a brand new ( still crated ) complete engine for your 005A.
My brother did exactly as stated above, bought it from the auction ( was listed as 400hz. ) because he was going to replace the motor on his 005.
Turned out his just needed a new flex coupler in the IP to get it running again, however it is seeping coolant from the head gasket on the exhaust side of the motor. I plan do do a head gasket rather than swap the motor, so long story short, there is a possibility he will end up selling the crate motor if we don't end up using it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks