• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005a main contactor won't engage

junkfxr

Hello all. This is my first post with a problem and am hoping someone can help out. I have a MEP-005a and just got it so that it can be connected LEGALLY to the house. While trying it out yesterday, the main contactor (circuit breaker) dropped out after about an hour. The day before, it ran for for about 5 hours without a problem. I pushed the switch to re engage it and it worked for about another 45 minutes, then about 20 minutes, then wouldn't engage at all without the Battle Short switch on. There are 26 volts going to one terminal on the switch and all terminals have 26 volts on them when it's pushed up. Is there a relay somewhere between the switch and the contactor? I have one of the operators manuals with the trouble shooting guide and schematics but even though I've been a machinist for the last 30+ years and use blueprints every day, I have a lot of problems with schematics for some reason. My brain just won't wrap around it and it's frustrating to say the least so I'm asking for help. I also noticed that while I had the control panel folded out that there was a nasty, sticky substance that had ran out of a box labeled "Watt Transducer" behind it. Any thoughts? Also the hour meter has decided to only work occasionally. Don't know if any of this might be related or not. Thanks in advance for any insight.

junkfxr

I have changed the black box with "watt transducer" written on it for an updated gray one. I figured that anything electrical with stuff leaking out can't be good. Didn't help. Any suggestions from anybody?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks