• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 005a voltage hertz issue

Sephirothq

Ok I got my engine running with a rebuilt pump from badger diesel. But now i am having some issues on the generator end.

First the load gauge shows full load for some reason without anything connected.

Second at as much throttle I can put to the engine I am only at 59 HZ. I have tried to adjust the frequency and the knobs turn but have no impact on the frequency.

Third. I only have around 104 volts instead of the 120 volts. When i flash the field by holding the start switch up it goes to 120 volts as long as the switch is up.

Fourth the close / open switch doesn't seem to work either. Power is at the lugs reguardless of that switch.

Do I have only one problem or multiple as far as teh boxes go?

Might I have an issue with the generator head itself?

I just got the unit running so i haven't had alot of time to play with it yet.

Sephirothq

Ok from what i can find the knob for the frequency won't do anything anyway. I just don't know why I can;t get the frequency up with the throttle. At full throttle it is only 59 HZ.

I will check this with a HZ meter, I see here the gauge combination could be bad.

Munchies

suspect the gauge or the watt transducer. it's the box on the right, inside of the control panel.

Edit,
forgot, I have one if you do end up needing to replace that.
228-369-6880 0900-2100

Last edited: